I know this has nothing to do with a list of things you might possibly care about, but I really want to share.
A distant family member of mine sent over a newspaper clipping from April 5th, 1973. Connoisseur was my dad’s pipe shop back before he moved to San Francisco! Isn’t that amazing how I’m able to see it online at this day and age? I truly love how simple the ads were back then compared to how flashy everything is these days. Now I need to try to find someone to recreate it so I can frame it in my house.
Now that we got that out the way, I’ll introduce this week’s recipe. I love mushrooms and usually eat them in a stir fry with veggies. This time I wanted to try them in a different way and just rounded up a few ingredients I already had in the house.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- ~15 White Mushrooms
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Medium Onion
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 1 Green Onion
- 2-3 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive or Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Wash the mushrooms and cut the stems. Dice the white onion and pepper, mince the garlic and chop the green onion.
2. Pour two tablespoons of red wine vinegar into a measuring cup and fill the rest with olive oil.
3. Heat up a pan on medium low and throw in half of the oil/vinegar mixture and all of the chopped vegetables.
4. Put all of the mushrooms into the pan and let them cook for 5 minutes and pour in the rest of the oil/vinegar mixture. Toss in the rest of the dried herbs, salt and pepper.
5. Cook the mushrooms until they are tender, stirring frequently.
I served this in a mini cast iron skillet and ate it as an appetizer with a baguette. 🙂
Short post today, but I still want to show you a cool place I ate at earlier this week. After class, I met up with one of my favorite people ever and ate dinner at Mission Rock Resort. It started getting cold, so we opt for a table inside. However, this view is pretty amazing, no? One of the many faces of San Francisco.
I love my V, you might of seen her in past posts. We have been best friends since middle school! She knows everything about me. I wish she lived a little closer so I can see her more than once every few months.
We had this jaw dropping Mac and Cheese (w/ tarragon bread crumbs) to start. I was a little leery because I must of ate Mac and Cheese three times in the past two weeks, but the regret vanished as soon as I took a bite. The whole table really enjoyed it.
One more with me and my V. The white screen behind us was the first game of the NFL season. Go Niners!
I’ll see you back on Friday! Today has been a busy day and I need to hit the sheets, ASAP.
Football fans, who are you going for? (Don’t disappoint me). Favorite way to cook mushrooms?