Ai ya, I can’t believe my trip to Asia is 48 hours away! The next time I’ll talk to you guys will be half way around the world. I feel like I’ve been running non-stop errands; some important, some not so important, like picking up these Alex and Ani bracelets. I am obsessed, I want to get so many but they add up so quick!
Aren’t they so cute? There’s a ton of charms and bangles you can pick from and they all use expandable wire bracelets. Did I mention all of them are hand made as well? I think they’re really popular on the east coast and starting to pick up over in the SF Bay Area.
I’m going to keep this post short and sweet because I still need to get all my clothes and everything together and the laundry still isn’t done yet! I’m starting to freak out.
The recipe for this week is a really spicy salsa, so this is your formal warning! It’s totally worth it though, I had to get a few pointers from Chi and Junior. Also, a pre-apology for the quality of the cooking pictures, I had to cook downstairs and the lighting sucks.
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
Serving Size: 3-4 People
- 3 Habanero
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 3/4th Purple Onion
- 1/2 Tomatillo
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Lime
- Cumin, Black Pepper, Paprika, Salt, to taste
1. Roast the tomatoes (it’s probably safer to do it in a pan).
2. Boil two habaneros, one cloves of garlic and half the tomatillo in a pot.
3. Put a little oil in the pan and roast three cloves of garlic and one habanero.
4. Dump everything in the food processor and chop it until it’s a salsa texture.
5. Enjoy with chips, over veggies or chicken! Junior said it would be delicious with ceviche. I agree!
Are you okay with spicy? Link your favorite salsa recipe!