Guys. I am so tired it’s not even funny. I’ve been working hours this week that interns would even be scared of.
Because of this, my recipe is not the most showcasing or impressive. However, it is most certainly delicious (and nutritious)! My two favorite -ous words.
You have seen the eggs in toast, right?
Well, I have been casually stealing pieces of PB&J from the kids I nanny and toast is the last thing I want to eat at this point. My cousin recently posted a picture of her breakfast on Instagram and it intrigued me. She baked an egg within an avocado and claimed it to be heavenly. I scoffed, everyone knows that avocados are to be eaten cold or not at all.
I saw it again the next day on a random website. I decided to try it out and I liked it.
Eggs In A Hole (Avocado Edition)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Bake Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Large Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- Oregano, paprika, salt, pepper to taste
- Grated cheese (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Cut the avocado in half and scoop out enough to hold an egg. (L: scooped, R: unscooped)
2. Carefully crack an egg and pour it into the hole in each avocado. Sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano, paprika and cheese on top.
3. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes/until the egg is fully cooked.
(My oven sucks lately, so it might take you shorter. Put in for 15 and check if the middle is still liquid.)
That’s all, folks! It’s super easy and great to make when entertaining or just feel like eating two plain things like a fancy pants.
Or, you can make an egg on the stove and cut avocado on top. OR you can spread your newly baked avocado on a piece of toast. The options are endless, people!
P.S. You might recall my etymology interest about Brussels sprouts. Well, did you know the avocado got its name from the Aztecs? Yep, they called this fruit ‘ahuacatl’, which actually means testicles in their native language. I’m assuming the shape resembled a certain body part to them. My apologies, I didn’t mean for this blog to become so PG-13. 😉
Charlotte @ Commitness To Fitness, one of my favorite bloggers, nominated me for the Sunshine Award! I never had one of these surveys done on my blog before, but I’m so exhausted that I’m going to use this to cheat and have an easy post. 🙂 Don’t hate.
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
Once again, thank you Charlotte for asking these questions! Xx
1. What is your favorite dessert?
Creme brûlée, for sure. Every time I see it at a restaurant I have to order it, no matter how full I get.
And no, it can’t be Creme Catalina, the Spanish wannabe creme brûlée. (Inside joke!)
2. If you could only go to one website for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Can I cheat and say google? So I can google everything and get to every website? If no, then probably Wikipedia, as boring as it sounds. Wiki has never failed me.
3. If you can live in any time period, when would it be?
I think it would be so cool to live in the 1920s with all the American writers in Paris. Fitzgerald, Hemingway, T.S. Eliot, Pound, etc. They are my friends from another life time.
4. What’s your favorite motivational quote? (More than one is acceptable if you can’t choose.)
You race like you train. Or to be more poetic:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
5. What’s your favorite type of food to get when you eat out?
This is probably the hardest question. I love eating Italian, tapas, burgers, Chinese, all types of Asian actually (including shabu shabu and hot pot).
6. Describe yourself in 2 words.
Hungry and content.
7. How many different states have you lived in?
Two: California all my life and Nevada for three weeks (long story, don’t ask).
8. Who is your favorite actor?
I don’t really have one, but Quentin Tarantino is my favorite director if you don’t mind me shifting the question!
9. Would you rather read or watch TV?
I love reading and would definitely pick that if I had to choose one, but I do find myself watching TV more. This is something I’m trying to fix for the new school year.
10. What type of shoes do you have on your feet right now?
Black ankle socks. 🙂
I can hardly keep my eyes open now so I’m nominating everyone that hasn’t been nominated yet! Everyone deserves a chance to be part of the fun. 🙂 Goodnight, amores!
Avocados, do you mind eating them warm? How do you feel about creme brûlée?